Wednesday, June 19, 2024
HomeHealth and LifestyleSean Combs Apologizes After Video Shows Him Assaulting Cassie

Sean Combs Apologizes After Video Shows Him Assaulting Cassie


Two days after CNN published video footage showing him striking, kicking and dragging his former girlfriend, Sean Combs posted a video on social media on Sunday calling his behavior “inexcusable.”

The footage that surfaced on Friday showed Mr. Combs, the hip-hop mogul known as Puff Daddy and Diddy, kicking and dragging his former girlfriend, Casandra Ventura, known as Cassie, in 2016.

Last year Ms. Ventura filed and then quickly settled a lawsuit against Mr. Combs accusing him of years of physical and sexual abuse. The footage shown Friday, which appeared to come from security cameras, was consistent with some of the allegations in her lawsuit, which accused Mr. Combs of assaulting her at an InterContinental Hotel in Los Angeles in 2016 as she tried to leave.

“It’s so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that,” Mr. Combs said in his apology video, which he posted to Instagram. “I hit rock bottom — but I make no excuses. My behavior on that video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. I’m disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it. I’m disgusted now.”

A lawyer for Mr. Combs had previously denied the allegations in Ms. Ventura’s lawsuit. In a statement following the suit, which was filed in November, the lawyer said that Combs “vehemently denies these offensive and outrageous allegations.” The next day, Mr. Combs said, “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably.”

After Ms. Ventura settled her lawsuit, Mr. Combs was sued by three women who accused him of rape, and a male music producer who accused him of unwanted sexual contact. Mr. Combs has vehemently denied the accusations in the civil suits, calling them “sickening allegations” from people looking for “a quick payday.”

Mr. Combs’s legal troubles escalated in March, when federal agents raided his homes in Los Angeles and Miami Beach and stopped him at a Miami-area airport, confiscating his electronic devices. Officials have said that the inquiry is at least in part a human trafficking investigation.

Mr. Combs’s lawyers have been fighting the lawsuits in court and have called the raids a “gross overuse of military-level force.”

But in Sunday’s video, Mr. Combs struck a tone of contrition in response to video evidence of his assaulting Ms. Ventura.

“I went and I sought out professional help,” he said. “I got into going to therapy, going to rehab. I had to ask God for his mercy and grace. I’m so sorry. But I’m committed to be a better man each and every day. I’m not asking for forgiveness. I’m truly sorry.”





Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments